DAL7440 KABRA®※1･2 laser saw developed
DISCO Corporation (Head Office: Ota-ku in Tokyo, President: Kazuma Sekiya), semiconductor manufacturing equipment manufacturer, has developed DAL7440, a laser saw which supports the KABRA processing of ø8-inch wafers.
- Total no. of acquired patents / related patents in process: 58(as of January 9, 2018) / Registered trademark (Registration No. 5850324)
- By continuously irradiating the laser vertically from the upper surface of the ingot, a separating layer that absorbs light is formed into a flat shape at the desired depth, developing an unprecedented slicing processing method of peeling and forming wafers from this point. KABRA stands for Key Amorphous-Black Repetitive Absorption. For details, please visit the KABRA process site.
In recent years, SiC has attracted attention as a material which can replace silicon in power devices. DISCO developed the KABRA process (SiC ingot slicing method) by laser processing and exhibited the DAL7420 laser saw which supports the KABRA processing of ø6-inch wafers at SEMICON Japan 2016. However, R&D to enlarge the diameter size has been progressing, such as the shipping of ø8-inch sample wafers. In response to this background and such a strong demand from wafer manufacturers, the DAL7440 laser saw, which supports the KABRA processing of ø8-inch wafers, was developed. DAL7440 will be set up in DISCO’s North Carolina office to more flexibly handle processing test requests in the US.
Features of DAL7440
- Supports ø8-inch ingot
Supports future increases to ingot diameter size
- Wafer slicing with less undulation is possible
- Maximum ingot thickness: 40 mm
- Orientation flat detection function by auto alignment
- Ingot thickness measurement function
- Wafer printing function
Tracks the total number of processed wafers
- Equipment size: W 750 x D 1,350 x H 1,800 mm
|March 2018 (planned)
||Relocation of test cut machine to North Carolina office in USA affiliate office, DISCO HI-TEC AMERICA, INC.
ø6-inch ingot support laser saw for KABRA process
- Equipment size: W 600 x D 1,045 x H 1,778 mm